The laying system with hidden mechanical safety hook on 6 mm “ULTRA” slabs allows the wall covering to be installed in complete safety with a great impact. For this application system, the “ULTRA” slab is
pre-processed in the factory, so that it is delivered to the site already equipped with the hidden mechanical safety hook, sealed onto the back of the slab and complete with protective film on the back. For smaller quantities it is possible to carry out such work directly on site, using the appropriate tools and safety gloves.
RETRACTABLE SAFETY HOOK SYSTEM
The laying system with retractable mechanical safety hook on 6 mm slabs allows the wall covering to be installed in complete safety and have great impact. For this application system, the slab will be pre-processed in the factory, and will be delivered at the site already equipped with the retractable mechanical safety hook.
- Handling frame with suction cups and a transport truck with wheels or double suction cups.
- Cement-based powder adhesive for full spread, class “C2E according to EN 12004 and S1 according to EN 12002 standards”.
- 10x10 mm square toothed trowel.
- 3x3 mm square toothed trowel.
- Hidden mechanical safety hook
- Gas-powered nailing machine and relative nails.
BONDING TO THE WALL
- Ensure that the surface to be covered is solid, flat and free from dust.
- Use powder adhesive with a cement base in a full bed of class C2E according to standard EN 12004 and S1 according to standard EN 12002”.
- Spread the adhesive onto the surface to be covered with a 10 x 10 mm square toothed trowel across an area of 5/10 cm more than the dimensions of the slab.
- Make the last spread of adhesive taking care that the direction of the lines is always only in one direction, vertical or horizontal, thus avoiding intersections to expel the air from the middle of the slab.
- With the slab fixed in a vertical position on the handling frame with suction cups placed over the wheeled transport truck, spread the adhesive onto the back of the slab with a 3x3 mm square toothed trowel.
- Using the handling frame with suction cups, bring the slab into a vertical position and lay it.
- To guarantee uniform bonding of the slab, the special 170x370 mm non-bounce plastic mallet must be used, tapping from the middle towards the edges so as to remove any air. Do not use hammers
- Use the puller/leveller levelling system
- Before proceeding to fixing the next slab, it is possible to fix the concealed mechanical security hook to the wall with appropriate nails for gas nail guns. So as to guarantee the quality of the fixing for the mechanical hook it is recommended to use the correct gas nailgun so as to guarantee a constant application of energy.