DESCRIPTION AND TECHNICAL FEATURES
Laying “ULTRA” slabs require similar laying conditions to those required for traditional format slabs. “ULTRA” requires the adhesive to be applied both on the setting bed and on the back of the slab.
“ULTRA” slabs for flooring require the following conditions:
- Dry and seasoned.
- Planar and free of cracks.
- Cleaning of dust, debris and removal of concrete lumps.
- Compact and resistant.
- The substrate must be uniform and have already completed the shrinkage of maturation.
- Cement-based powder adhesive for full spread, class “C2E according to EN 12004 and S1 according to EN 12002 standards”.
- 3x3 mm square toothed trowel for the back of the slab
- 10 x 10 mm square toothed trowel for the slab.
- Handling frame with suction cups with a transport truck with wheels or double suction cups.
- Non-bounce plastic mallet 170x370 mm.
- Levelling system: puller/leveller
BONDING TO THE FLOOR
- Ensure that the surface to be covered is solid, flat and free from dust and oil/grease.
- Use the adhesives described mixed according to the specifications indicated in the technical data sheet of the chosen adhesive.
- Spread the adhesive onto the surface to be covered with a 10 x 10 mm square toothed trowel across an area of 5/10 cm more than the dimensions of the slab.
- Make the last spread of adhesive taking care that the direction of the lines is always only in one direction, vertical or horizontal, thus avoiding intersections.
- With the slab fixed in a vertical position on the handling frame with suction cups placed over the wheeled transport truck, spread the adhesive onto the back of the slab with a 3x3 mm square toothed trowel.
- Using the handling frame with suction cups, bring the slab into a horizontal position and lay it.
- To guarantee uniform bonding of the slab, the special 170x370 mm non-bounce plastic mallet must be used, tapping from the middle towards the edges so as to remove any air pockets between the back of the slab, the adhesive and the surface to be tiled. Do not use hammers.
- Use the puller/leveller levelling system.
OVERWIEV OF LAYING INSTRUCTIONS
LEVELLING SYSTEM WITH LEVELER / ROTATING POMMEL
Is a revolutionary and innovative leveling system when laying medium and large materials with a thickness between 2 and 40 mm. The patented system is made of 2 elements:
- A leveling base (1-2-3 mm size) with spaced notches that allow spacing/separating/ joining floors of any type and material in a way that is: linear, cross and half cross with joints to be chosen between 1 mm, 2 mm and 3 mm.
- The threaded stem is attached perpendicularly to the base in a way that allows for easy adjustment with turns of the cap during installation.
Removal of the cap and Stem after the materials are set is made easy with strategically placed breakage points that release with either increased pressure by turning the cap or by kicking the cap in the direction of the joint.
One cap fits all threaded stems and can be reused an infinite amount of times for big cost savings. The new PPLS (patented) system assists in the reduction or elimination of ledging and lippage in the installation of various types of materials that are applied to floors or walls with mortar including: Large Format Tile, Natural Stone, Thin Profile Tile and many others.
Choose the desired type of Leveler (spacers) based on the requested joints and joining:
- 1 mm Linear Version
- 1 mm Linear, Cross and Half Cross Version
- 2 mm Linear, Cross and Half Cross Version
- 3 mm Linear, Cross and Half Cross Version
APPLICATION OF THE LEVELLING SYSTEM
POSITIONING THE BASE CLIP:
- Spread the adhesive on the support.
- Position the selected levelling base, cross, half cross or linear, under the slab.
- Depending on the format of the slab, position one or more linear supports for each side of the slab.
- Position the next slab.
INSERTING THE PULLER/POMMEL FOR ROTATIVE TIGHTENING:
- Insert the puller/pommel for rotative tightening in the threaded slot of the leveller base.
- Rotate clockwise to level the paving slab/covering.
REMOVING THE PULLER/POMMEL FOR ROTATIVE TIGHTENING:
- Once the adhesive has dried, the puller/pommel for rotative tightening can be separated from the leveller base by tapping with your foot in line with the joint.
DUAL FITTING SYSTEM is an innovative dry system for laying large floor slabs (minimum recommended format 60x60 cm, thickness 1 cm). The DUAL FITTING SYSTEM provides adhesion between the slab and the support surface using a special blanket covered by a special adhesive applied on both sides. The DUAL FITTING SYSTEM does not require the use of traditional cement-based adhesives for laying the slabs, hence it is possible to walk on the finished floor immediately since the drying times and dust produced by the operations are both eliminated. This exceptional characteristic makes it particularly suitable for application in environments where laying must be carried out quickly and with low environmental impact. 15 m2 (1 rolls of blanket).
FOR LAYING SLABS USING THE DUAL FITTING SYSTEM similar support surface conditions to those needed for laying with adhesive are required. The surface can be: Tile floors, marble or wood pre-existing; cement screed or concrete; resin floor, linoleum or PVC uniform.
As long as the characteristics described below exist:
- Check the suitability of the support surface in advance: The surface must be stable, must have already undergone the drying shrinkage process, must be resistant to loads and suitable for the intended use, must be dry, clean and free from loose parts (dust, oil grease, wax, paint and anything else that could affect adhesion), free from cracks and perfectly flat.
- Laying: Remove the white protective film based on the slab dimensions, then lay the slab, without exerting pressure, according to the required layout. Once verified the correct position of the slab, apply pressure on it, manually or with a special tool. Continue to position the other slabs, making sure they are spaced with the spacers (provided in the kit). Once the slabs have been laid, it is possible to walked on top of them immediately after installation. The part of the blanket without the protective film must not be stepped on or soiled prior to application of the slab. Once the laying process is completed, apply the elastomeric grout in the joints with the acetic silicone sealant.
The accidental bumpsand impact can cause damage.